Are You Prepared for a Disaster?
Are you prepared for a disaster? If not, then it's time to get ready. In order to be prepared for any type of emergency, there are things that businesses can do. This blog post will go over the basics of what a business should have in place before an emergency happens and why it is important. All businesses should take these steps so they don't lose money or miss out on opportunities during a disaster.
- Have a plan: Business owners should have an emergency plan in place for their business. This includes knowing where to go if the office is unsafe or if it's destroyed, which employees need to be contacted during an emergency and when they should arrive at work, and how customers will be notified of any disruptions with service.
- Get insurance: Insurance is a must for any business, but it's even more crucial if there has been damage to the building or property. Most businesses will have insurance on their business assets and equipment, however, not all policies protect against natural disasters like floods and tornadoes.
- Practice drills: Drills are an important part of emergency preparedness. These drills help employees know what to do in case of an emergency. Drills also improve communication between staff members and their supervisor which is crucial if the building has been impacted by a disaster or there are electrical issues that prevent phone use.
- Keep supplies on hand: Any business should have extra food, water, batteries, flashlights, blankets, and other items on hand in case of emergencies.
- Secure a backup location: This is an important step that many businesses forget to do, but it's critical for any company. If the office has been impacted by a disaster then employees need to relocate to another space nearby or at least within their area of coverage so work can resume as soon
In the event of a disaster at your commercial business, contact SERVPRO in East Nashville, Madison/Goodlettsville (615) 868-5324 as soon as possible to set up a technician to visit and begin restoration on your business.