Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water damage can be terrible for businesses and homeowners, but with a little preparation and knowledge, you can minimize the damage and get your life back to normal as quickly as possible. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. If you suspect or have water damage, call SERVPRO immediately. We're experts in water damage restoration and mitigation, and we'll work quickly to get your property back to its pre-damaged state.
2. Be aware of the potential risks associated with water damage. Not only can it cause extensive damage to your property, but it can also lead to health problems if not treated properly.
3. Take steps to prevent water damage before it happens. Install proper drainage systems, make sure your roof is in good condition, and check your pipes regularly for leaks.
If you follow these tips, you can reduce the risk of water damage and minimize the impact if it does occur. Contact SERVPRO today for more information or to schedule a consultation.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (615) 868-5324
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.